dinsdag 16 juli 2013

Summer Hair Care Routine

Hi ladies,
the sun is shining so it is time to take those UVA and UVB protectors out! Not just for the skin, also for your hair!
 

My hair gets very dry and fragile during the sunny months, as the sun, sea- and pool water damages hair. Therefore I change up my haircare routine during the summer and during holidays abroad.

When I'm in the sun, I wear my sun hat as much as possible. This way, my hair and face are more protected from the sun. I also like using UV protection on my hair for extra protection. I have one from L'Oréal Hair Expertise from their Ever Pure line. It protects weakened and coloured hair and has a UV filter.

After being in the sun I like to repair my dry hair from all the damage. After washing, I smooth the deep repairing mask from John Frieda through my hair.
When I don't feel like using a deep repairing mask, I like using the Palm Olive extra nourishing conditioner. Then I dispense one pump of the deep infusion from John Frieda in my hands and distribute the product evenly through the ends of my hair. 
If I feel like I need extra moisture, I will use the Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse too.

Do you change up your haircare routine during the summer months?
I would love to read your recommendations :)
xoxo

5 opmerkingen:

  1. I just bought a UVA UVB spray at the drugstore for my hair. It's supposed to help keep my color bright too. I forgot to use it today...boo!

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. i love a good uvb uva spray
    Xo, Megan, www.TfDiaries.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Wow, this is such a great post, it makes me feel like such a horrible person because I neglect my hair during summer haha. It's definetely inspirational!

    Have an amazing week,
    Mary x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Great reminder to protect your hair from the sun!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Thanks for sharing these Suzanne! I really don't do much with my hair, but I better start because I'm noticing how dry/damaged my hair is getting!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Thank you so much for commenting. I absolutely love reading your lovely comments!